The Old Timer’s Festival is this weekend in La Vergne. The actual event itself is on Saturday, but the much anticipated Carnival will open today. Originally, the carnival was to open Wednesday, but transportation issues delayed it by a day.
I want to welcome you with open arms and southern hospitality to the 2016 Old Timers Festival at La Vergne. It has been an annual event for over 35 years. The event starts with an awesome parade through the heart of the city. The parade will finish up at Veterans Memorial Park where you will find booths, crafts and local vendors, great food and lots of fun for everyone. It has been a Middle Tennessee tradition for years.- Mayor Dennis Waldron
- The theme for the 2016 event is “Hometown Heros”.
- The Grand Marshal of the 2016 parade will be Mr. Vinny Pollizzotto, one of the oldest WWII veterans living in La Vergne.
- The parade is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 17.
- Carnival Dates and Times:
September 14 – 17
Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Saturday: Noon – 11:00 p.m.
- The Festival is Free! Wristbands for the Carnival are $20 for kids and $25 for an adults. Tickets for rides are $1.25 each.