A Flash Flood Watch has been issued has been extended from noon today to 10:00 p.m. tonight. A Flood Warning for area rivers and streams expires at 1:15 p.m. This may be extended. For the rest of the morning and thru early afternoon expect hot and muggy as heat indices could reach 100*.
The problem is another line of storms is due to arrive from Missouri. This line is due to arrive anywhere between 3:00- 6:00 this afternoon, though afternoon drive time seems more likely. Our concerns for this:
- Flooding: With anywhere to just under to just over an inch of rain across the county this morning,flooding is a given. Flash flooding, road ponding will be likely.
- Winds: This line is supposed to pack sustained straight line winds.
- Trees and Electric: Add Winds and Flooding and Trees are bound to fall . Watch secondary roads and be prepared with extra batteries should electric go down for a long amount of time.
- Lightning: This morning’s storm was quite a show, expect the same this afternoon.
- Hail: Small hail is a possibility.
This front will roll right through. Expect a muggy evening and possibly a round of thundershowers after midnight. More strong to severe weather in the forecast Friday evening.
We will monitor www.rutherfordsource.com/weather . We will post on Facebook and @RutherfordSRCE on Twitter