Murfreesboro Fire

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Ladder 9, Engines 1, 5, and 10 and Rescues 7 and 9 responded to a fire at 3418 Blaze Drive just before 2:00 Thursday afternoon.

When crews arrived on scene they discovered heavy smoke, according to Acting Shift Commander Raymond Smith.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly and keep damage to the kitchen area of the home.

Smith says a teenager was cooking when a grease fire occurred. The teen turned off the eye to the stove and ran to the neighbor’s for help. The neighbor told the teen to call 9-1-1. That’s when MFRD was dispatched to the call. “The fire was able to spread a little due to the delay,” said Smith.

Smith also said the home received quite a bit of smoke damage. One cat and one lizard were rescued from the home.

The family will be displaced, but did not require assistance from the Red Cross.

MFRD would like to remind the community to exercise extreme caution when cooking, especially with grease. Should you encounter a grease fire, cover the pan with a lid and turn the eye off. If this does not knock the fire down, get out of the house and contact 9-1-1 immediately.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here