Sunny days are ahead which means spring cleaning! Rutherford County is hosting an extra Household Hazardous Waste Collection this spring on Saturday, April 6th from 8:00am – Noon at the City of Murfreesboro Public Works Facility, 4765 Florence Road, Murfreesboro. A second collection is scheduled for later this year – Saturday, November 2nd.
- Home maintenance/improvement products such as used strippers and thinners, adhesives, driveway sealant, roofing tar and wallpaper remover.
- Home lawn and garden products that are accepted include pesticides, fertilizers and wood preservatives.
- Pool chemicals
- Photo processing chemicals
- Aerosols/compressed gas
- Mercury thermostats and thermometers
- Fluorescent tubes
- Compact fluorescent bulbs
- Medicines and drugs (empty medications into a zip-lock plastic bag before bringing to the event. Needles and sharps in puncture-proof containers with sealed lids are now accepted as well.)
Items that are not accepted:
- Infectious wastes
- Automotive gas tanks
- Ammunition/gun powder
- Radioactive wastes such as smoke detectors and radium paint
*For directions on solidifying latex paint and information on the collection of oil-based paint, please refer to: http://solidwaste.
- Electronic waste
*Electronic waste is collected each Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 7:30am – 4:00pm at 1140 Haley Road in Murfreesboro.Click Here for Electronic Waste Information
For a fee and advance reservations, small businesses may properly dispose of hazardous materials immediately following this collection through the CESQG Program State of TN
This is for businesses such as automotive painting and repair shops, beauty salons, construction companies, dentists, dry cleaners, painters, print shops, property managers, public storage businesses or any other business or not-for-profit agency that needs to dispose of hazardous materials. Please contact Clean Harbors Environmental Services at (615) 643-3170 or by e-mail for a price quote and appointment time.