Local leaders announced Sunday morning that coronavirus has been detected in Davidson County. This is the first case in Davidson County. A case of coronavirus in Shelby County was also announced Sunday morning.
Below is the information provided by Tennessee Department of Health about the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Davidson County:
- Adult female
- Nashville resident
- Illness not travel-related
- This patient does not have a child in Metro Public Schools
- Experiencing mild symptoms
- Self-isolating at home
- Department of Health is reaching out to the patient’s close contacts
- Have not recognized community spread in Tennessee yet
Advice from the Department of Health:
- Frequently wash hands
- Use hand sanitizer when you aren’t able to wash your hands
- Cover coughs
- Throw away tissues
- Clean/disinfect heavily used surfaced
- Don’t shake hands
- Those over 60 years of age and those with underlying health issues are at a higher risk
COVID-19 Information Line
TDH has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The number is 877-857-2945 and is available daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central time.
People with concerns about their health should contact their health care providers. TDH has additional information available at www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html. The CDC has updated information and guidance available online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Other Coronavirus Articles: