Savory Spice Shop is located in Historic Downtown Franklin, Tennessee. If you have never been there, the experience is unique. 100’s of spices from around the globe and special spice mixtures are available to smell and taste. The best news is they also ship spices directly from the store! This writer is a big fan of the store and has been a customer for over 3 years. I love their blends. More importantly, since I dabble in the culinary arts from time to time (5 time Pumpkinfest Chili Champ), they will custom blend spices for me.
Every week Savory Spice Shop will bring a special recipe for catered to the busy life of students. AND on Saturday Blue Raider game mornings a special tailgate recipe! Join us during Meet Murfreesboro Tuesday and Wednesday outside the Student Union for your chance to win gift cards from Savory and Like them on Facebook and Twitter @SavoryFranklin for even more tips and recipes.
Join Savory Rewards and earn valuable points toward Savory Spice Shop products. Members receive special incentives and news throughout the year, and a free blend for their birthday – just for signing up!
- Earn one point for every penny you spend.
- Earn 10,000 points & receive $10 to spend on Savory Spice Shop products.
- Receive a free Savory Spice Shop blend for your birthday! (2fl oz bottle)
- Receive emails about special incentives, new products, and events throughout the year.
Curious what recipes might be shown weekly? Here’s a peek:
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce powder + 2 Tbsp. water*
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar powder + 1 Tbsp. water*
Choose 3 Tbsp. of one of your favorite BBQ seasonings:
- Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub
- Carolina High Country BBQ Rub
- Memphis BBQ Rub
*You can substitute 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar and 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce for the powders + water in this recipe. Substitute BBQ seasonings suggestions with another of Savory’s BBQ spice blends to explore different sauce flavors. Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Quick BBQ Sauce recipe.
Whisk all ingredients together with 3 Tbsp. of your favorite BBQ seasoning. The sauce is ready to serve right away and can be stored, sealed, and placed in the refrigerator for up to a week or more.
Use with grilled chicken, beef, or mushrooms for a classic BBQ flavor. Makes a great sauce for a BBQ chicken pizza.