If you didn’t make it to the store in time to find a sled, we found a few alternatives that you probably already have at home. Actually, in the South, it’s a tradition to be creative and use alternate items for sledding.
- Baby pool – These work great as sleds but even better if you turn them inside out so the smooth side touches the snow.
- Plastic Lids to large plastic storage containers.
- Laundry basket especially for little kids.
- Large pieces of Cardboard.
- Yoga mat
- Inner tube or large floatable from days at the pool
- Camping sleeping bags
- Large tarps
There seems to be a new trend in using small boats for sledding.
Take a look at this -6 people, one canoe sledding right into… keep watching.
And then this one where they took a giant inflatable down a hill.