Vintage at the Park Apts Fire

MFRD’s Districts 1, 2, and 9 and Engine 3 were dispatched to a fire at Vintage at the Park (261 Veterans Parkway) just before 11:30 Sunday night.

Fortunately, the residents of the affected unit were awakened by working smoke alarms and discovered flames coming from the dryer. The residents and their pets made it safely outside and called 9-1-1.

According to Battalion Chief Brian Lowe, the fire was extinguished and contained to that room.

The fire displaced a total of 7 people. Two other apartments other than the affected unit received water damage. No one required assistance from the Red Cross.

The National Fire Protection Association reports that the leading cause of dryer fires in the home is not cleaning the dryer vents properly. For more information, please click here.