If you think you need a COVID-19 test, here are some things to know and places where you can get a test. At many places, you can get a COVID-19 test even if you are not currently experiencing symptoms. However, for reference, symptoms are listed below.
Symptoms (provided by the CDC)
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Emergency warning signs include*
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all-inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
Where to Get Tested
The following test sites are from tn.gov/health.
Rutherford County Health Department
- Free and without restrictions
- Avoid waiting by calling 615-898-7880 or 615-849-0347
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 12pm
- *Beginning December 21, the COVID-19 testing schedule will include drive-through testing and drive-through self-testing to enable staff to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to health care providers and first responders.
- Drive-through COVID-19 testing available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am – 12pm.
- Drive-through self-testing will be available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8:30am – 12pm
- Testing is available to anyone even if you aren’t currently showing symptoms
- 2500 Memorial Blvd, Murfreesboro
- Call ahead 615-895-3600
Location: 2910 South Church, Suite B, Murfreesboro
One Stop Family Clinic
- Call ahead at 615-900-4045
- Open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
Location: 2994 S Church St, Murfreesboro
- Schedule an appointment at cvs.com
- Open Monday-Friday 9am – 5:30pm, Saturday 9am – 5pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm
- 14299 Old Nashville Hwy, Smyrna
- 4058 Franklin Rd, Murfreesboro
To find more testing sites, click here.
- Daily 9a-5p (weather permitting)
- Take eligibility assessment at walgreens.com/COVID19testing. If eligible, you will be directed to select a location and an appointment time
- 2528 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro
Little Clinic (Kroger)
- M-F 8:30a-7:30p, Sat 8:30a-5p, Sun 10:30a-5p
- Make an appointment online at thelittleclinic.com. Wait for email or phone call from clinic with additional instructions. Wear a mask, bring ID and insurance.
- 463 Sam Ridley Pkwy W, Smyrna
- 2325 Memorial Blvd, Murfreesboro
- 2449 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro
- 4432 Veterans Pkwy, Murfreesboro