SMYRNA, Tennessee— Smyrna Parks and Recreation Department continues to evaluate flood-related closures throughout the Town.
Following is an update on Smyrna Parks and Recreation flood-related closures as of today, April 1, 2021.
- Sharp Springs Natural Area – remains closed until further notice
- Volunteer Park (8th Avenue ball fields) – remains closed until further notice
- Rotary Soccer Park – closed; will reevaluate Friday, April 2nd.
- Rotary Soccer Park annex ( new fields ) are open at league discretion
- Smyrna Greenway – portions from Sam Ridley Parkway to Sharp Springs Natural Area remain closed
- Davis Park practice area remains closed; will reevaluate next week
“We invite citizens to enjoy the recreation spaces that remain open,” shared Smyrna Parks and Recreation Director Mike Moss. “Staff is cleaning impacted areas where it is possible to do so and will continue as the water recedes.”
Anyone with questions about a facility and whether it is impacted by flooding is asked to call the Smyrna Parks and Recreation Department office, 615-459-9773.