1. Main Street JazzFest
WHAT: JazzFest is a free, fun, family-friendly, two-day jazz music festival presented by Main Street Murfreesboro and held each year the first weekend of May. It’s the signature event on the square in Downtown Murfreesboro. 2019 marks the 23rd annual JazzFest and is set for Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4. First Fruit Jazz Project goes on at 5:00p on Saturday, but the whole event is filled with the best in jazz music from local high school jazz bands to touring jazz greats. Music, food, fun! Don’t miss it!
WHEN: Friday, May 3, 6p-10p & Saturday, May 4, 12p-8:30p
WHERE: Murfreesboro Square, Public Square, Murfreesboro
2. Free Comic Book Day 2019
WHAT: Murfreesboro Business and Rutherford County Library system are celebrating the free comic book day with comics, games, and other festivities for the day.
Check out Outer Limits Boro with free comics, games, caricatures, and a signing. Chris Stevens will be on site for signatures, sketches, and more. He has free and for purchase options. Gregory Lannon will be on site drawing caricatures for everyone. Many heroes and villains will be present, such as Captain America, Spider-Man, Ice Man, Joker, Harley Quinn, and MORE! Costumes and cosplay are welcome. They will also raffle off the “Trunk of Goodies” during the afternoon drawing as well as a huge sale.
The Great Escape Murfreesboro, just up the road, is offering 5 free comics per a person during their event as well as additional free ones for dressing in cosplay and purchases of $10 or more. Some possible titles to choose from include Riverdale, Star Wars Adventures, Avengers, Spider-man, Spawn, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and much more.
Then stop by any of the 5 branches of the Rutherford County Library System for more free comics and activities. They will have movies, popcorn, games, and prizes.
WHEN: Saturday, May 4
- Outer Limits Boro, 1244 NW Broad St, Murfreesboro, 9a-8p
- The Great Escape Murfreesboro, 810 NW Broad Street, Suite #202, Murfreesboro, 11a-9p
- Rutherford County Library System, 105 W Vine St, Murfreesboro, 9a-4p
3. May the 4th Be With You-Star Wars Night
WHAT: Jedi’s, Wookies, Robots and even members of the empire are welcome to come out and hear great rock n roll and arrangements of Star Wars music by the Steel Barrell band, fun specials & more!
WHEN: Saturday, May 4 from 7:30-10:30
WHERE: Hop Springs, 6790 John Bragg Hwy, Murfreesboro
4. Bark in the Park at Barfield
WHAT: Bring the whole family, including the furry ones, to enjoy a walk around Barfield Park. We will meet at the Wilderness Station at 9:00a and walk as far as the dogs (or humans) want to. So pack up the car, bring your leash and enjoy the park! For more information, contact Meagan Bass by phone 615-217-3017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN: Saturday May 4, from 9-10a
WHERE: Barfield Crescent Park, 697 Veterans Pkwy, Murfreesboro
5. 14th GoodGuys Nationals
WHAT: If you attend the Streetside classics event regularly or are into custom, classic, muscle cars and trucks before ’87, then you will love this event. This is the 14th GoodGuys Nationals show, and there promises to be a great event for car enthusiasts.
- Over 2,500 Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars and Trucks thru ’87
- Spectre Performance All American Sunday welcoming American made or powered vehicles of all years
- Goodguys AutoCross – Featuring 16 car “Music City Mayhem” presented by Optima Batteries
- Crowning of the Goodguys 2019 Tank’s Hot Rod of the Year Award
- Nitro Thunderfest Dragster Exhibition
- Vendors & Manufacturer Exhibits
- Variety of Food Trucks and Food Court options.
- Swap Meet
- Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Live Music Entertainment
- Kids Zone – Free arts and crafts, games, prizes & more!
- Complimentary Shopper Shuttle Saturday 10am to 4pm to Opry Mills and Downtown Broadway on Saturday 10am – 4pm
Streetside Gear will also be there with a booth and invites you to hang out with them and follow them for live posting from the event. There’s car registration for members and nonmember still available as well as ticket pricing for spectators for both groups. Pricing and registration for tickets and parking are available on the GoodGuys Nationals website.
WHEN: Friday, May 3 – 8:00a to 5:00p
Saturday, May 4 – 8:00a to 5:00p
Sunday, May 5 – 8:00a to 3:00p
WHERE: Nissan Stadium, 1 Titans Way, Nashville