Middle Tennessee State University will host the TSSAA High School Basketball Tournament on March 16th-19th. The tournament will cause several changes in parking and traffic patterns on the MTSU campus:
· The Greenland Drive parking lot will be reservedfor TSSAA ticket holders and there will be a $5 charge to park in that lot. Students and faculty who use the Greenland Drive lot are encouraged to find alternative parking around campus during this busy time.
· The following lots will be reserved for vehicles displaying the appropriate MTSU Permits:
Middle Tenn. Lot, Nursing, Holmes & Baseball (Smithfield) Lots. Visitors with appropriate permits will also be allowed to park in the above mentioned lots.
· MTSU’s East Main Street and Rutherford Boulevard entrances will be the most convenient campus entry points during the tournament. The arm gate on the east end of the Cope building will be removed during tournaments to allow access to Midgett Lot and Old Main Circle.
· The Champion Way entrance from Greenland Drive will be closed March 16th-19th. All eastbound traffic on Greenland Drive will be directed to Rutherford Boulevard to seek parking in both the large gravel and paved lots. Campus traffic will still be allowed to exit campus via Champion Way to Greenland Drive.
· Team buses will enter campus off of Greenland Dr. on to Champion Way.
Faulkinberry Drive and Normal Way will beclosed to accommodate the parking of all team buses. No parking or road access will be available.
· The Raider Xpress Shuttle Service will run its normal schedule during TSSAA tournaments, with the exception of the Green Route. The Green Route will be not service the Greenland Dr. Lot.
All other scheduled events during this time will be allowed to park (first come, first serve) in any of the non-pay lots based on availability.
Please be advised that the construction taking place on the Middle Tennessee Blvd. could potentially cause/create traffic delays. With the expected increase in traffic, please allow for extra time to reach your destination. The traffic plan is designed to maximize the use of the perimeter lots and support Raider Xpress efficiency.
The TSSAA Tournaments attract thousands of prospective students, their families, alumni and other University supporters on campus for these high school events.
Please contact Parking Services at 615-898-2850 if you have any questions.
We appreciate your cooperation and assistance in helping to make our visitors feel welcomed on campus.