Moving into a new home can be challenging especially if the house isn’t as clean as you want it to be. Cleaning with household products is a safer and cheaper alternative to using products with harsh chemicals.
Some safe alternatives to store bought products are:
* Vinegar – Use a 50/50 blend of vinegar and distilled water on windows and glass to make them shine. Also soak items in vinegar to eat off rust.
* Club soda – Club soda helps get rid of many difficult stains including red wine.
* Dryer sheets – These sheets help control odor in your home and repel dust and hair on furniture. Rub a dryer sheet on a couch or table to help control the dust that accumulates or stick a sheet in a drawer or pet area to use as an inexpensive air freshener.
* Lemon – Rub half of a lemon on a metal fixture and rinse to clean water marks. Using a mixture of water, lemon and baking soda, pour the solution down the drain to clean your garbage disposal.
* Cotton – Clean the dust off of ceiling fans by using a pillow case to scoop the dust into. Cleaning blinds is easy by putting an old sock over your hand and gripping the blind to clean both sides with the sock.
See more Spring Cleaning ideas:
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the largest franchised moving company both in the United States and internationally. Currently there are more than 280 national locations and 1,800 trucks operating in the U.S.; in total, the company operates 311 locations and 1,900 trucks. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has performed more than five million moves since its inception in 1985. The company has seen consistent monthly growth dating back to December 2009 and more than 36 consecutive months of record growth. Each location is independently owned and operated. For franchising opportunities, visit www.twomenandatruckfranchising.com.
For more information, call the Murfreesboro TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® at 615.595.5929 or visit twomenmurfreesboro.com.