Middle Tennessee State University’s top administrators and deans will meet with prospective students in 11 cities this fall — seven in Tennessee and four in bordering states — as part of MTSU’s expanded True Blue Tour.
Planned annually by the university’s Admissions Office, this year’s True Blue Tour includes the traditional seven Tennessee recruitment stops in Chattanooga on Tuesday, Oct. 4; Johnson City on Tuesday, Oct. 18; Knoxville on Wednesday, Oct. 19; Williamson County (Franklin) on Wednesday, Oct. 26; Nashville on Tuesday, Nov. 1; Memphis on Wednesday, Nov. 9; and Jackson on Thursday, Nov. 10
MTSU will add Louisville, Kentucky, on Wednesday, Nov. 16, for the first time after expanding out of state toAtlanta, Huntsville, Alabama, and Bowling Green, Kentucky, last year. This fall, MTSU travels to Atlanta on Wednesday, Oct. 5; Huntsville on Tuesday, Oct. 11; and Bowling Green on Tuesday, Nov. 15.
Each True Blue Tour student reception starts at 6 p.m. local time, except for the Nashville stop, which begins at 6:30 p.m. The events are free, but students should register in advance here.
MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee and interim Provost Mark Byrnes will join other administrators and deans from the university’s eight academic colleges, advisers and counselors from the admissions and financial aid offices on the tour. They will be on hand to answer questions from prospective students, transfer students and their parents at the events.
“Our entire team always looks forward to these visits with outstanding prospective students and their families,” McPhee said. “It’s a great opportunity to share the exceptional educational experience MTSU offers. We welcome our alumni and friends from across the state and region to join us and tell others about MTSU.”
During the four out-of-state stops, university leaders will emphasize MTSU’s Academic Common Market program. This tuition savings program allows prospective students who live in participating states to qualify for in-state tuition rates for unique academic majors not offered in their home state. Learn more here.
Fall MTSU True Blue Tour reception sites are:
• Oct. 4: Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga;
• Oct. 5: Crown Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravina, 4355 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta;
• Oct. 11: U.S. Space and Rocket Center, 1 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, Alabama;
• Oct. 18: The Millennium Centre, 2001 Millennium Place, Johnson City;
• Oct. 19: The Foundry on the Fair Site, 747 World’s Fair Park Drive, Knoxville;
• Oct. 26: Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, 700 Cool Springs Blvd., Franklin;
• Nov. 1: Renaissance Nashville Hotel, 611 Commerce St., Nashville;
• Nov. 9: Esplanade Memphis, 901 Cordova Station Ave., Cordova;
• Nov. 10: Jackson Country Club, 31 Jackson Country Club Drive, Jackson.
• Nov. 15: Holiday Inn University Plaza, 1021 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green, Kentucky;
• Nov. 16: Marriott Louisville East, 1903 Embassy Square Road, Louisville, Kentucky.
For more on this story, or any questions you may have about MTSU admissions, click here.