Wednesday’s storms have caused some local streets to experience high levels of water.
Report from MFRD:
Here is a list of Murfreesboro streets, from MFRD, that have high water. Streets will re-open as water recedes.
•1123 Glaze Dr
•Patriot Dr/Lascassas Pike
•E. Northfield Blvd/N. Tennessee Blvd
•1500 Block N. Highland Ave
•Cherry Ln/Admiral Nimitz Blvd
•Saint Andrews Dr/Genoa Dr
•5200 Block Saint Ives Dr
•Wilkinson Pike/Greshampark Dr
•S. Church St/Lansdan Dr
Report from Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office:
Rutherford County Sheriff’s deputies rescued several drivers who drove around barriers and stalled their vehicles.
Deputy Nikolas Madore waded into almost waist-high water to rescue a driver on Sulphur Springs Road near West Buckeye Bottom Road this morning.
The driver was cited for failure to exercise due care, driving around a barricade and failure to abide by a traffic control device.
Please do not drive around tape or barricades for your safety and the safety of rescuers.
Flooded roads closed this morning in Rutherford County are:
· 12000 block of Mt. Vernon Road near Eagleville
· Shoemaker Road and River Road near Eagleville.
· Sulphur Springs Road at Florence Road.
Passable roads with high water are:
· The 4700 block of Bass Road
· Cedar Grove Road at Johnson Road
Previously reported closed roads are:
· Sulphur Springs Road at West Buckeye Road
· Sulphur Springs Road at Shacklett Road
· Shacklett Road at Walnut Road
· Powells Chapel Road at the slab
· Guy James Road at the slab
· Goochie Ford Road at the slab
· North Lassiter at Barker and Readyville Streets
· Mount Herman Road and Weeks Road
· Elam Mill Road at the slab
· County Farm Road at the slab
· Stones River Road at the slab
· Salem Highway at Mt. Vernon Road
· 1400 block of Greenwood Road
· Armstrong Valley Road at Yeargan Road
· 2500 block of Thompson Road
· Kedron Church Road and Rocky Fork Road
· Burnt Knob Road at Stewarts Creek Road
•MFRD responded to one rescue on Saddlebrook Dr. Firefighters helped the occupant get out of their vehicle. No boat was deployed. Water was up to the vehicle’s doors.
•MFRD also responded to St. Ives. Occupant was already out of their vehicle.
•MFRD was called to 1700 Block of Franklin Road assist Rutherford County Fire Rescue, but the person was already out of the vehicle. MFRD was cleared from scene.
•MFRD responded to lighting strikes at two homes. No fire, just minor damage where the lighting hit.
Rutherford County Sheriff’s deputies have responded to numerous water rescues in the county tonight as well.
The majority involve vehicles which have driven into high water and stalled.
A few incidents involved people having to be rescued from flooding homes.
Locations of these rescues are:
- Oldham Drive
- Burnt Knob Road
- Christian Fosterville Road
- Givens Road
- Franklin Road
- Halls Hill Pike
- Flat Rock Road
- Cainsville Pike and Lascassas Highway
- Mount Vernon Road
- Mt. Herman Road and Bradyville Pike
- Sulphur Springs Road at Shacklett Road