Many people assume they will save money by moving themselves rather than hiring a professional moving company. However, when considering other potential costs, they may be surprised to learn it’s often more expensive.
While renting a moving truck might seem like a great way to save money, the experts at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® remind consumers of the hidden costs they may not have considered, such as:
* Time to pack, load and drive belongings to the new destination – plan to take time off work to complete these time-consuming tasks.
* Time (and headache) trying to recruit friends and family – understand there’s no guarantee everyone will show up on move day.
* Renting or buying proper moving equipment – remember the furniture pads, ropes, stretch wrap, dollies and straps to protect belongings during packing, loading and unloading.
* Time to collect enough boxes to pack an entire home or business – avoid used boxes – no one knows what critters are living inside or if the boxes are strong enough to carry items.
* Replacing or repairing damaged items – set aside money to cover the cost of repairing or replacing broken items. If a professional moving company like TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® makes a mistake, it does what it can to fix the problem.
* Doctor’s visits after a rough move – research proper moving techniques to be able to train friends and family members how to move heavy furniture without injury.
“It may seem like moving yourself will cut down costs,” said Two Men And A Truck of Murfreesboro. “But when you add up the hidden costs of completing a move, I think most people will agree it’s less expensive – and much more convenient – to hire professional movers to take on the work and responsibility.”
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the largest franchised moving company both in the United States and internationally. Currently there are more than 280 national locations and 1,800 trucks operating in the U.S.; in total, the company operates 311 locations and 1,900 trucks. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has performed more than five million moves since its inception in 1985. The company has seen consistent monthly growth dating back to December 2009 and more than 36 consecutive months of record growth. Each location is independently owned and operated. For franchising opportunities, visit www.twomenandatruckfranchising.com.
For more information, call the Murfreesboro TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® at 615.595.5929 or visit twomenmurfreesboro.com.