The Great American Air Show begins today in Smyrna. Here’s what you need to know going into the weekend.
Remembering Captain Jeff Kuss
Per order of Town Manager Harry Gill, all Town of Smyrna flags are to fly at half-staff until Monday, June 6, 2016 at sunrise in memory of U.S. Marine Corps Blue Angels pilot, Captain Jeff Kuss, who lost his life yesterday when the F/A-18 jet he was flying during a practice session for the 2016 Great Tennessee Airshow crashed.
505 am cdt sat Jun 4 2016
This hazardous weather outlook is for portions of Middle Tennessee.
A few strong to severe storms will be possible across all of Middle Tennessee this afternoon and tonight. While these storms could produce damaging wind gusts, flash flooding could also become a problem, especially tonight. For Radar on your phone www.rutherfordsource.com/weather or follow on Twitter @RutherfordSRCE.
TRAFFIC and TRAIL CLOSURES
Road and Trail Closures:
Friday, June 3 – 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
Saturday, June 4 – 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
Sunday, June 5 – 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
- Sam Ridley Parkway will be closed from Lowry Street to G Street.
- All Sam Ridley Eastbound traffic will be directed down to Lowry Street (US41/70s).
- All Sam Ridley Westbound traffic will be directed to Nissan Drive back to Lowry Street (US41/70s).
- Threet Industrial Road will be closed from Sam Ridley Parkway to Aviation Parkway.
- Fitzhugh Drive closed from Sam Ridley Pkwy to 9th Avenue.
- Swan Drive closed from Fitzhugh Drive to G Street.
In addition to the road closures mentioned here, there will also be restricted access to the following roads beginning at 11am:
- Threet Industrial Blvd
- Fitzhugh Blvd.
- Swan Drive
Lee Victory Recreation Park, Smyrna Golf Course, Seward Airbase Trailhead, TN Rehab Center Trailhead, Town Center Trailhead, Old Jefferson Pike Trailhead and all the trails in that area will be closed at the same times and remain closed until the roads are opened.
Expect traffic delays in the Smyrna area during the road closures, and please plan your trip accordingly. For live traffic map showing slowdowns and tie ups www.rutherfordsource.com/traffic