As the Arnold saga continues to unfold, finally some citizens have said “enough” . Before we get to the newest lawsuit filed against Arnold, let’s get everyone up to speed.
The Arnold Saga Timeline
- February 2016 — Arnold says someone fired on his house. Blames Beyonce.
- May 2016-Arnold, and his assistant chief deputy indicted on multiple Federal charges of conspiracy and public corruption in JailCigs scam which Arnold was a part owner.
- May 2016 — Arnold released on $250,000 bond on terms to stay out of trouble. Allowed to keep guns and his position.
- August 2016 — Arnold found taking multiple trips on taxpayers money, including one to White House. While indicted on Federal charges.
- September 2016 — A Labor Day incident at the Arnold home . Deputies were called, including Arnold’s nephew. No report was “officially filed”. Wife later admits to being physically abused. Arnold lies to Pretrial Services.
- September 2016– Arnold’s bond revoked and he is taken into custody and currently resides at federal prison in Kentucky awaiting next year’s Jail Cigs trial. Judge says would consider re-instating bond if Sheriff resigned. If the Sheriff doesn’t resign, he will continue making a salary, while in jail.
- September 2016 — Citizens of Rutherford County file ouster suit against Arnold.
Taxpayers Patience Runs Out
The new ouster suit says Arnold engaged in conduct that is unlawful, and unethical conduct for his personal gain and he should be removed from office.
One Bad Apple Doesn’t Spoil The Whole Bunch
It’s important to note here that while there are definitely still a lot of questions and issues to be solved within the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Department, the whole department isn’t to blame. On Thursday ,deputies raised more than $1,000 for special needs kids. Their Facebook page (which RCSO if you’re reading this please take Arnold’s picture down)is full of good deeds. Deputies are still out there doing their job to the best of their ability. All of this despite a complete lack of leadership from those that were elected to lead.