Register now to earn continuing education credits at the upcoming eighth annual Department of Accounting CPE Day at Middle Tennessee State University.
The event will be held Thursday, Dec. 1, from 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. at the Miller Education Center, 503 Bell St.
Seminars during the conference include presentations on accounting and financial reporting, auditing, taxation and ethics. Participants can earn up to eight hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. The cost is $175, which includes all seminars, materials, and lunch.
The sessions include:
• “FASB Update,” Dr. Stan Clark, MTSU associate professor of accounting
• “Revenue Recognition,” Dr. Jeannie Harrington, MTSU interim chair and associate professor of accounting
• “Behavioral Finance,” James Bertram, Nuveen Investments
• “Uber: Will Classifying Workers as Independent Contractors Succeed,” Sandy Benson, MTSU associate professor, and Master of Accountancy students
• “Q&A on Significant Legal Cases,” Aubrey B. Harwell Jr., Neal and Harwell, and Dr. James Burton, MTSU professor of accounting
• “Tennessee-Specific Ethics,” Don Mills, Tennessee State Board of Accountancy investigator
• “Protecting Client Retirement Assets,” Robert Labadini, John Hancock Investments
• “Market Intelligence,” Robert Labadini, John Hancock Investments
• “Audit Update,” John Wermert, MTSU associate professor and director of the Accounting Graduate Program
• “Tax Update,” Dr. Tim Koski, MTSU professor of accounting
• “Are You Positioned for Your Future,” Marshall Marin, Petra Coaching
To register or get more information, visit the Jones College of Business’ Department of Accounting website at http://www.mtsu.edu/accounting or call the department at 615-898-5306.
Also, the 26th annual Department of Accounting Alumni CPE Day at MTSU will be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017.