It’s going to be hot! Now, unless your idea of fun is hanging out with 10s of thousands of your “best friends” at Bonnaroo or CMA Fest, then your going to be looking for cool places to hang out and do. Here’s our picks for both the adults and kids:
- Linebaugh Library : Whether it’s a Saturday afternoon Family movie at the Smyrna branch, or learning about home loans at the ‘Boro branch, Linebaugh Library is a cool place to hang. Did you know that they even have FREE Permit Driving Permit practice tests?
- Movies: Plenty to choose from and most are PG or PG-13 :
Alice In Wonderland : Through The Looking Glass – PG
The Jungle Book – PG
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – PG 13
Warcraft – PG 13
X-Men : Apocalypse
- ‘Boro Beach – Fun for all ages, and affordable! ‘Boro Beach is the perfect way to cool off. For times click here.
- Stones River Battlefield- Visit the Museum. See a movie about the Battlefield. Float the River. Fish for FREE on Saturday . Plenty of wet and cool fun can be found at this gem in Rutherford County’s backyard!
- The Boulevard: A personal favorite. Cold Beer (29 beers on tap) and great food and even better service. This is the perfect place to cool off, catch some baseball, or even the Belmont on Saturday. The food is spot on. My top 3 picks: Garlic Parmesan Wings..Turkey Avocado Wrap .. Great White Pizza add steak!
No matter what you do or where you go, remember to hydrate! For more on this weekend’s weather click here .