Sun Country Airlines announced its arrival in Nashville in August 2018 with six nonstop routes from BNA and they’ve just added three more nonstop flights. The Minnesota-based company will now offer nonstop flights from Nashville International Airport (BNA) to Fort Myers, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, New Orleans, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Portland, Ore; Los Angeles and Providence, RI.
Here are 5 things to know about Nashville’s newest airline:
1)Sun Country Offers 3 Ways to Check-in For Your Flight
- Online check-in
- Mobile app check-in
- Ticket counter check-in at the airport
2) 1 Personal Item and 1 Carry-on item is Free – See the entire Baggage Policy
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 carry-on item – $30-$35
- Online web check-in: $20.00 – $25
- Overweight and Oversize bags – Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
- Sports equipment – Certain items might have applicable fees
3) Children Under the Age of 2 Fly Free- See the Policy Here
Children under two years of age (24 months) may be held on an adult’s lap without charge. Please note: the number of infants in a party cannot be greater than the number of adults. FAA regulations require any child who is two years of age or older to occupy his or her own seat during takeoff and landing. Be sure to bring along a copy of your infant’s birth certificate for age verification. You can also choose to purchase a seat for your infant as long as you have the proper child restraint device.
4) Sun Country Airline Does Not Permit Unaccompanied Minor Program- Policy Here
A child 14 years of age or under must travel with an adult. A passenger between the ages of 15-17 can be responsible for one child between the ages of 5-14.
5) Small Pets Can Travel on Sun Country – Pet Policy Here
Sun Country accepts small cats and dogs (16 lbs. or less) in the aircraft cabin on flights to within the contiguous United States. Sun Country does not transport pets on international flights or on flights to/from Anchorage. Small cats and dogs are accepted conditionally and must not pose a hazard to the safety or health of any passenger or crewmember. The following conditions apply to customers bringing a small dog or cat (these requirements do not apply to certified service/support animals):
- Only one pet per ticketed passenger is allowed.
- Advance arrangements are required and availability is limited.
- The non-refundable fee for a pet is $100 per flight.
- Your pet in its carrier is considered a carry-on item and must be included in your regular carry-on allotment.
- Only one pet per carrier is allowed.
- You must provide a carrier for your pet that does not exceed 16 in x11 in x8 in (length x width x height).
- Your pet must be able to stand up and move around in the carrier with ease.
- Only soft-sided carriers designed as pet carriers are allowed.
- The carrier must have a leak-proof bottom and be well-ventilated on at least two sides.
- Your pet must remain in its carrier and stowed during the entire flight underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
- When traveling with a pet, you cannot be assigned a seat in row one, the exit row, the bulkhead, or in the aisle.
- You are responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations or ordinances related to pets.
- Sun Country Airlines does not have carriers available at the airport.