Fireworks and backyard cookouts: That’s what America does on the Fourth of July to celebrate the country’s birthday, established with 56 founding fathers’ pen strokes on the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
Wallet Hub shared some Fourth of July stats.
- 150 million – how many hotdogs are eaten.
- $1.6 billion spent on beer and wine
- 47 million travel 50+ miles from home
- 61% of Americans own an American flag
- 61% will go on a picnic on the 4th
- 700 million lbs of chicken are purchased this week ($371 million spent on chicken)
- $804 million is spent on beef
- $1 billion estimated to be spent on fireworks
Top Three Festivities
- Fireworks Show
- Going to the Beach